Volunteers are the backbone of the EDA and we appreciate all of the time and energy they donate. Spend several hours a month or a few hours a year giving back to your community and making a difference. Decide how you want to be involved.
If you’d like to volunteer your time and talents with the EDA, please fill out and submit our Volunteer Sign-Up Form. Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to the following:
Join a committee: Check out our available positions HERE.
- Organization Committee helps with fundraising and recruiting volunteers. They meet on the third Thursday of the month from 12 – 1 pm.
- Promotions Committee helps with the overall promotion of downtown. They meet on the second Tuesday of the month from 12 – 1 pm.
- Design Committee helps with the beautification of downtown. They meet on the first Monday of every month from 4 – 5 pm.
- Economic Vitality Committee helps with the development and support of downtown businesses. They meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 9-10 am.
- Equity Committee works to celebrate culture and diversity while providing educational opportunities for business owners and community members. They meet on the second Friday of every month from 11 am-12 pm.
Or help with events:
- Hoedown in the Downtown
- Buskers in the Burg
- Girls Night Out (Spring and Holiday)
- Moments to Remember
- Dachshunds on Parade
- Downtown Trick-or-Treat
- Downtown Clean-Up
The involvement of downtown businesses is vital to the success of the EDA. Whether through partnerships, Main Street Tax Credit contributions, or event participation, we appreciate their support. If you are interested in finding a way your business can best support the EDA, contact Executive Director, Karin Green, at [email protected]