The EDA looking to hire a full-time Public Relations Coordinator.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS
Job Title: Public Relations Coordinator
Organization: Ellensburg Downtown Association (EDA)
Reports to: Assistant Director and Executive Director
The role of the Public Relations Coordinator is to actively assist in raising awareness about our programs, events and services specifically focusing on volunteer coordination and community outreach. In addition, this position is responsible for the management of events at The Elks Building Grand Ballroom as described in the job description.
Range of duties – Ellensburg Downtown Association:
The list of duties includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform clerical and administrative functions including email and phone correspondences, calendar management, and reception.
- Regularly update social media content, specifically focusing on, but not limited to:
- Update and maintain the org website
- Draft and submit monthly Daily Record column.
- Draft and submit all press releases to local news outlets
- Create digital and print promotional materials
- Oversee and provide staff support for the Design and Organization Committees
- Oversee all volunteer relations such as but not limited to:
- Manage new volunteer intake and placement
- Develop relationships with other volunteer organizations (RSVP, CLCE, Youth Services)
- Oversee volunteer database
- Distribute volunteer e-newsletter
- Create and publish related social media content
- Oversee Block Captain volunteers
- Regularly distribute downtown maps and dining guides to tourist destinations throughout the city, including but not limited to:
- Local hotels
- Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce
- City Hall
- CWU Welcome Center and Conference Program
Range of duties – The Elks Building Grand Ballroom:
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for the management of rentals and events that pertain to the Elks Building Grand Ballroom.
Duties and functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Social media management
- Fielding all inquiries from persons and groups who wish to rent the facility
- Showing and selling prospective renters the facilities
- Managing contracts with clients
- Scheduling all rentals, receiving deposits and rental fees and submitting those to the Executive Director for recording and deposit
- Working with renters to explain logistics for properly setting up, tearing down and cleaning up after events
- Maintaining a calendar of rentals
- Assisting renter with necessary insurance, licenses, and permits as necessary
- Maintaining files (a hard copy binder and/or electronic) that includes records of:
- Rental agreements
- Proof of insurance
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Organized self-starter capable of working in independent and group settings.
- Successful experience in an administrative role, which includes customer service, marketing, promotions, communications and related information.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suites, WordPress, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge about the four-point Main Street approach to economic revitalization utilizing historic preservation is preferred.
- Extensive event planning experience.
- A four year degree in Public Relations, Communication, Event Planning or a related field is preferred.
To apply please submit an electronic copy of your detailed cover letter that explains your qualifications for this position and a resume including your work history, education, and three professional references. Resume and cover letter should be sent to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on 10/20/17
Molly Jones, Assistant Director