Ellensburg Downtown Association: Micro-Grant Program
The Ellensburg Downtown Association is offering a Micro-Grant Program that is available to downtown businesses within the downtown core. The goal of the grant program is to support the expansion of economic development and growth of the downtown businesses.
We believe in the strength, endurance, and longevity of our downtown businesses and will continue to find ways to support their growth and stability. We feel strongly in the transformative nature of independent business owners and those who continue to show a commitment to our historic downtown core. To that end, the Ellensburg Downtown Association in partnership with Umpqua Bank, offers the following guidelines and criteria for the EDA Micro-Grant Program:
This grant may be used for continued recovery due to the impact of Covid-19 on a business but is not limited to Covid-19 related issues.
Our mission is to empower and preserve community by amplifying our economy and creating a sense of place for all.
Micro-Grants are awarded up to $1,000.00 USD/per applicant submission.
- Downtown retail and/or service businesses who has a physical address is within the downtown boundaries and have corporate offices in Kittitas County.
- Must be a for profit business.
- Must submit a one-page written proposal identifying:
- Purpose/need/project for grant
- Impact to your business
- Impact to the downtown (i.e. will help increase foot traffic and boost overall interest in the downtown, etc.)
- Business operational expenditures including but not limited to:
- Physical site improvements and/or cleaning
- Systems or process improvements
- Sales/marketing expenses to improve/expand business
- Inventory expense
- Safety improvements
- Owner/Employee wages/benefits.
Application submission will open on November 1, 2021.
Applications submission will close on December 15, 2021
Award Notification will be on: January 31, 2022
- Additional documentation required:
- Project budget (if applicable)
- Tax ID number
Awards will be granted by a committee made up of Ellensburg businesses, members of the Economic Vitality Committee and members of the community.
To apply: https://EDA Micro-Grant Application