Taylor Castillo, PR Coordinator
Restaurant week is coming up and we all know what that means: FINALLY, a time to eat out without having a guilty conscience on your shoulder!
Your New Year’s resolution may have been to eat out less or stop eating out at all, but this is a time to cheat that resolution a little. There are many reasons why you should venture downtown during Restaurant Week, but here are the top 5:
- Many of the participating restaurants offer special items that aren’t typically on the menu. You heard that right. Considering Restaurant Week is observed nationwide throughout the year, it’s important that restaurants take advantage the opportunity to try something new. Our 2018 restaurants stepped it up this year and are offering unique and well thought-out recipes that will blow you away. These offerings include an appetizer, entrée, and a dessert to finish off the night. What more can you ask for?
- Don’t forget to support your local restaurants during a slow time of year. January and February are known for being a slow time for the retail and restaurant industry. Like I mentioned before, people make resolutions to cut back spending money or they are trying to salvage whatever resources they have left after the holidays. Don’t forget to not only support your local economy but to treat yourself as well! We all know you deserve it.
- Go to that restaurant you’ve been meaning to try. Trying new things can be a real challenge for some people, especially when it comes to food. I myself am guilty of sticking with my favorite restaurants where I order the same thing every time. This event is the perfect opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You might even find your new favorite restaurant while you’re at it.
- Healthy options are a thing! There are many new and returning restaurants on this year’s list, including the Lunchbox Café. This may not be your typical sit down restaurant with a candle lit 3 course meal in front of you, but the Lunchbox Café offers some of the freshest ingredients aimed to satisfy the health nut within you. What’s better than a healthy meal? A healthy dessert of course, which they will be serving up with their Restaurant Week special! Don’t worry – those of you looking to indulge, we got you covered in that department as well! Take a look at the full menu HERE.
- Add happiness and yummy food to your work week. The end of winter is near (hopefully) but the short cold days and long, even colder nights are taking a toll on the general happiness of the population. This is a fact, look it up. Don’t get caught up in the dreariness of the work week. Dress up, invite your best friends or your significant other and go out on the town! We all know food makes people happy, right? Well, this event couldn’t come at a better time for everyone. Remember, all participating locations are open during their normal business hours. Be sure to visit them for breakfast or during your lunch break if you don’t want to miss out! Need even more of a reason to dine out? February 22nd, Thursday of Restaurant Week, is Date Night Out. Bring a special someone and order the Restaurant Week special to be entered to win an overnight stay for two at Canyon River Ranch including a $75 gift certificate towards dinner and a free recreational activity.
Now that I’m sure you’re all convinced and ready for a night out, go ahead and view the menu for this year’s Restaurant Week HERE. Bon Appetite!